1. The OLC opinion on “Authority to Use Military Force in Libya.”
2. General Dynamics Corp. v. United States (U.S. May 23, 2011) (implications of state secrets privilege for litigation between defense contractors and the federal government over development of a stealth aircraft).
3. Ashcroft v. Al-Kidd (U.S. May 31, 2011) (Former AG Ashcroft entitled to qualified immunity in damages suit brought by man asserting his arrest in 2005 as a material witness was pretextual)
4. Letter from the Attorney General to Congress on Litigation Involving the Defense of Marriage Act (Feb. 23, 2011)
5. President Obama’s March 21, 2011 Letter to Congress regarding the commencement of operations in Libya
6. The Obama Administration’s June 15, 2011 Briefing Paper on Libya
7. State Department Legal Advisor Harold Koh’s Testimony on Administration’s Legal Position re: Libya and WPR
8. Executive Order 13563 — Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review (Jan. 18, 2011)
9. Executive Order 13579 of July 11, 2011 — Regulation and Independent Regulatory Agencies
10. MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF INDEPENDENT REGULATORY AGENCIES FROM: Cass R. Sunstein re: Executive Order 13579, “Regulation and Independent Regulatory Agencies”
11. Statement by the President on the Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards (Sept. 20, 2011)
12. Letter from OIRA Administrator Cass Sunstein to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson on Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards (Sept. 10, 2011)
13. Kucinich v. Obama, Civil Action No. 11-1096 (RBW) (D.D.C. Oct. 20, 2011).
14. OLC Opinion on Effect of Senate’s Pro Forma Sessions on President’s Recess Appointments Power
15. Attorney General Holder’s March 5, 2012 on Law and Counterterrorism: AG Holder Speech on Law and Counterterrorism
16. June 19, 2012 Letter from AG Holder to the President requesting assertion of executive privilege re: Fast and Furious
17. June 20, 2012 Letter from Deputy AG James Cole to Hon. Darrell E. Issa reporting assertion of executive privilege re: Fast and Furious
18. Undated Justice Department 020413_DOJ_White_Paper re: Lawfulness of a Lethal Operation Directed Against a U.S. Citizen Who is a Senior Operational Leader of Al Qa’aida or an Associated Force
19. IN RE APPLICATION OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING THE PRODUCTION OF TANGIBLE THINGS FROM VERIZON BUSINESS NETWORK SERVICES, INC. ON BEHALF OF MCI COMMUNICATION SERVICES, INC. D/B/A VERIZON BUSINESS SERVICES (FISC Apr. 25, 2013).
20. Zivotofsky v. Secretary of State, 725 F.3d 197 (D.C. Cir. 2013).
21. OLC Opinion on The Department of Homeland Security’s Authority to Prioritize Removal of Certain Aliens Unlawfully Present in the United States and to Defer Removal of Others
2015 Shane and Bruff Supplement Law of the Presidency Spring 2015 Supplement with Table of Contents